Morgan Stanek, President
Martin Farrugia, Vice President
Marco Medeiros, Treasurer
Dorte Deans, Secretary
David Ragona, Advisor
Jonathan Lambert, Advisor
Christopher Neill, Advisor
Anita Campbell, Advisor
Hamilton Reads Award
HLC Board Member – Position Description
- Attend 9 meetings per year. Meetings are held on the last Wednesday evening of the month, generally from 6:15 to 8:30 (no meetings are held in July, August or December ).
- Come to meetings prepared (review agenda and supporting materials), and actively participate in the meetings.
- Be knowledgeable about the HLC – its mission, strategic plan, programs, policies, operations, finances, challenges and opportunities. Training for new members will be provided.
- Understand the boundaries of your role as a board advisor and that of the Executive Director and staff.
- Follow all conflict of interest and confidentiality policies of the HLC.
- Volunteer on subcommittee(s) for strategic planning activities, marketing and fundraising.
- Attend annual promotional events such as “Telling Tales Festival”
- Participate in non-governance responsibilities such as social and other functions sponsored by the HLC when your schedule allows.
- Promote/communicate with others about the work of the organization, and show your support for the organization when talking with others.
- Get to know other board members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Be an active participant in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts. Provide feedback to board chair for Executive Director’s annual review.
- Review and approve regularly the compensation and benefits package for the Executive Director.
- Participate in the active recruitment, selection and orientation of new board members. Help to identify and cultivate new leaders on the board.
- Pay annual HLC membership fee of $15.
- Commit to a minimum of 2 years (maximum four 2-year terms).