Elizabeth Fabbroni Martin, Past President
Morgan Stanek, President
Marco Medeiros, Treasurer
Martin Farrugia, Vice President
David Ragona, Advisor
Dorte Deans, Secretary
Jonathan Lambert, Advisor
Hamilton Reads Award
HLC Board Member – Position Description
- Attend 9 meetings per year. Meetings are held on the last Wednesday evening of the month, generally from 6:15 to 8:30 (no meetings are held in July, August or December ).
- Come to meetings prepared (review agenda and supporting materials), and actively participate in the meetings.
- Be knowledgeable about the HLC – its mission, strategic plan, programs, policies, operations, finances, challenges and opportunities. Training for new members will be provided.
- Understand the boundaries of your role as a board advisor and that of the Executive Director and staff.
- Follow all conflict of interest and confidentiality policies of the HLC.
- Volunteer on subcommittee(s) for strategic planning activities, marketing and fundraising.
- Attend annual promotional events such as “Telling Tales Festival”
- Participate in non-governance responsibilities such as social and other functions sponsored by the HLC when your schedule allows.
- Promote/communicate with others about the work of the organization, and show your support for the organization when talking with others.
- Get to know other board members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Be an active participant in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts. Provide feedback to board chair for Executive Director’s annual review.
- Review and approve regularly the compensation and benefits package for the Executive Director.
- Participate in the active recruitment, selection and orientation of new board members. Help to identify and cultivate new leaders on the board.
- Pay annual HLC membership fee of $15.
- Commit to a minimum of 2 years (maximum four 2-year terms).